Jayson Tatum doesn’t feel like a vacation! The Celtics star has scored Boston with an outstanding fourth quarter into a 108:95 victory and forced a game 7. He defies Giannis Antetocounmpo, which is strong in Gianni, which is too much on his own.
- Milwaukee Bucks (3) – Boston Celtics (2) 108: 95 (boxcore), series: 3-3
- NBA Playoffs: Celtics vs. Bucks – The series at a glance
- Jayson Tatum towered over – Boston forces game 7
- the most important statistics
- the star of the game: Jayson Tatum
- The flop of the game: Grayson Allen
- the scene of the game
Tatum ended the game with 46 points (17/32 FG, 7/15 threesome), 9 rebounds and 4 assists, in the long playoff history of the Celtics, only Sam Jones ever scored more points in an elimination game (47). Support provided Jaylen Brown (22) and Marcus Smart (21, 7 assists), also Derrick White (9, 5 rebounds) showed a strong performance. Daniel Theis was allowed to run for 10 minutes and marked 4 points and 2 rebounds.
Tatum achieved 16 points in the final section alone when Boston again played a comfortable lead. But the 24-year-old delivered the right answer with jumper around Jumper and barely stood out antetocounmpo. The Greek came up to 44 points (14/30 FG), 20 boards and 6 assists. Otherwise, only Jrue Holiday (17, 7/17 FG) and Pat Connaughton (14, 6/8 FG) were duplicate.
Again, Boston had to do without Robert Williams (knee), who was replaced by Grant Williams in the Starting Five as before. The Bucks started with the usual lineup. The game started with a small delay because a Shotclock failed over the backboard. As a replacement, the hall crew installed two shotclocks on the floor, each positioned in the corners next to the benches. It was only at the second half that the Shotclocks were functional over the basket.
Boston started fire shit from a distance – and ran almost exclusively on the threesome. The first eight attempts at the guests came from Downtown, five landed in the basket, which resulted in an early Celtics leadership. But Giannis could hardly be stopped on the opposite side. Only after almost six minutes Boston sank the first two-point attempt, but Antetocounmpo and Holiday replied with the first Bucks trians of the evening. Against the 17 Giannis points, Boston held 8 threes in the first quarter, which went to the Celtics with 28:26.
Jayson Tatum towered over – Boston forces game 7
The guests continued exactly where they stopped. At the start of the second section, several threes were sitting, especially Tatum didn’t feel like an early playoff-out. After Boston had settled up to +10, the luck of the throw was lost for the time being. However, since the Bucks supporting cast with antetocounmpo on the bench also remained completely cold, the guests went into the half -time break with 53:43.
The start of the second half belonged to Boston. The Celtics increased their lead relatively quickly to 18 points, meanwhile Antetocounmpo received its fourth foul. However, the Greek stayed on the court, Milwaukee started a run when Boston’s shoot finally cooled down. With more ball movement and several penetrations, the Celtics offense now went better again – 82:70 for Boston.
Antetokounmpo directly stuck the sound for the final section with a poster dunk, Connaughton shortened from downtown -6, the fiserv forum deserted. Especially when Giannis also followed a wide open pull-up triangle. The Celtics were now only one one-man show-and Tatum delivered with outstanding shotmaking.
He held the Bucks on a distance, Brown delivered important support from Downtown and put back on +11 in the middle of the round. The Celtics could no longer take this lead, the Bucks fans left the hall early. On Sunday there is now a crucial game 7, tip-off is at 9:30 p.m. German time.
the most important statistics
Milwaukee Bucks (3) – Boston Celtics (2) 108: 95 (boxcore), series: 3-3
- Boston’s focus on the threesome is in itself nothing new in this series, now the guests drove this game to a new level. With success: 8 of the 10 goals in the first quarter came from the Dreierland. In any case, the motto was three or layups. In half -time one, the Celts sent only 4 two outside the zone on the trip, but 25 trials and 14 attempts in the zone.
- But that only worked because Boston initially got a really good shooting evening. After the start of the start, the Celtics cooled noticeably, but in the end they were still at 17/43 from Downtown (39.5 percent). The advantage over the Bucks was enormous, but almost nothing went together for the home side (7/29, 24.1 percent).
- In the beginning, Boston still made life difficult for himself with loss of ball, the Bucks punished this with a good transition game. After the 4 gymnastics in the first quarter, the Celtics got this problem well under control (8 gymnastics) and Milwaukee no longer got slight points. In the half field, the home side sometimes had enormous problems against the strong Celtics defense, which often built a wall before Giannis.
- Antetokounmpo received too little help. Apart from Connaughton and with a smacking Holiday, there was actually no goat role player on the spot. Giannis scored almost as many points as the entire rest of the team (44:51), the non-Giannis and non-Connaugon-Bucks only met 16/50 from the field (32 percent). The Greek became the first NBA star with 40/20 in a playoff game since Shaquille O’Neal 2001.
- For all statistics friends: As far as a game 7 concerns, the Celtics historically have the advantage. The traditional franchise comes on a balance of 24-9 in an all-important game, but the Bucks are 3-8.
the star of the game: Jayson Tatum
In the meantime, the 24-year-old went through a small phase of weakness, but he shook it off again to the fourth quarter. When the Bucks threatened to turn the game, Tatum was there. His answer: ice-cold jumper, outstanding shotmaking and 11 Celtics counters in a row. This man doesn’t want to go on vacation yet.
The flop of the game: Grayson Allen
The game ended with a point difference of 13 points – and everyone was at a plus/minus of -29! That aptly summarized the appearance of the 26-year-old. Defensively, the Celtics always picked him out as a weak point, he was also not offensive (3 points, 1/7 FG). In the fourth quarter he was no longer on the court.
the scene of the game
You could also call a few crunchtime jumper from Tatum here, but there was ultimately no one of the Antetokounmpo poster. The Greeche initiated the meantime Bucks-comeback: against Boston’s Drop-coverage, he got the ball as a Roll-Man, attacked the zone with a start and punished two defenders at once for the idea of standing in the way of the freak to want.
Articles and videos on the topic
* Questions about Sixers-Aus: The Lakers are already stretching out their feelers
* Experience the NBA live on DAZN. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.
NBA Playoffs: Celtics vs. Bucks – The series at a glance
|1||1. May||7 p.m.||Boston Celtics||Milwaukee Bucks||89:101|
2 | 4. May | 1 o’clock | Boston Celtics | Milwaukee Bucks | 109: 86
3 | 7. May | 9:30 p.m. | Milwaukee Bucks | Boston Celtics | 103: 101
4 | 10. May | 1.30 a.m. | Milwaukee Bucks | Boston Celtics | 108: 116
5 | 12. May | 1 o’clock | Boston Celtics | Milwaukee Bucks | 107: 110
6 | 14. May | 1.30 a.m. | Milwaukee Bucks | Boston Celtics | 95: 108
7 | 15. May | 9:30 p.m. | Boston Celtics | Milwaukee Bucks | –